Joining the RMA
The RMA is the foremost professional association within the subject
of music and musicology. Many of the most distinguished musicologists,
performers, and composers are members of the RMA, and the Association
also does much to support the work of postgraduate music students
in universities and conservatoires across the UK.
For more information about the RMA, its activities and its history,
see about the RMA.
Benefits of Membership
- Free hard copy and on-line access to the Journal of the Royal Musical Association published twice-yearly, worth £68.00 p.a.
- Discounts of up to 50% on the RMA Research Chronicle and books in the RMA Monographs series
- Free twice-yearly Newsletter and monthly e-mail Bulletin giving you up-to-date information about RMA events and activities
- Discounts of up to 20% on publications from Routledge, Ashgate, Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press, Wiley, Musica Britannica, University of California Press, Edizioni ETS – Pisa, and The Society for Musicology in Ireland
- On-line access to research, learning and teaching resources such as Oxford Music Online (including Grove Music Online) and the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- A reduction in fees for RMA-organized and RMA-sponsored conferences
- Access to student bursaries for attendance at RMA events and in support of other research purposes (up to £150 each)
- Printed and online directory of members
For further information
Contact the Membership Development Officer, Helen Thomas, Heskin Hall Farm, 39 Heskin Lane, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 1LR, United Kingdom; email@example.com. Categories of membership and current subscription rates are shown on the Payment Options Form.
To apply for membership
Complete the Application Form and Payment Options Form and send them with appropriate payment to the address shown on the Application Form.