RMA Scottish Chapter
The RMA Scottish Chapter coordinates and publicizes RMA-affiliated events at the Universities of Aberdeen, Edinburgh, St Andrews, and Glasgow, and at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. It encourages participants to feel part of a UK-wide musical community and aims to enhance awareness in Scotland of the considerable range of benefits available to RMA members. The Scottish Chapter is convened by Eva Moreda Rodriguez (University of Glasgow).
Events by organisation
- University of Aberdeen research seminars take place at the MacRobert Building, King’s College, Rm MR055 at 4pm. Further details at abdn.ac.uk/music/research-seminars-and-forums-265.php
- University of Edinburgh music research seminars take place in Lecture Room A of Alison House (Floor 2) at 5.15pm. Further details at www.eca.ed.ac.uk/music-research-seminars
- In addition, the Reid School of Music runs the Music Informatics, Cognition and Acoustics (MusICA) Seminars, which normally take place on Wednesdays. Details may be found at www.musica.ed.ac.uk
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland exchange talks take place at 6pm on Mondays in the Fyfe Lecture Theatre. Titles, abstracts and information about the speakers are posted two weeks before each talk to www.rcs.ac.uk/about_us/exchange/exchange-talks/
- University of Glasgow research colloquia take place at 5.15pm on Wednesdays in Room 2, 14 University Gardens. Further details at www.glasgow.ac.uk/music/research
- University of St Andrews research seminars take place at 2.30pm on Wednesdays in the venues indicated below. Further details at www.st-andrews.ac.uk/music/study/research
All lectures are free and all are welcome. Tickets are required for Royal Conservatoire of Scotland talks.