Small research grants: how to apply
- RMA student members (or members of RMA student groups) and member scholars with no access to institutional support are invited to apply.
- Grants are awarded competitively, and where necessary, preference may be given to applicants who were not in receipt of an award in the previous calendar year.
- Applications for expenses relating to an event that has already occurred at the time of application will not be considered, but applications for expenses relating to an event that occurs between submission of the application and its consideration are acceptable (as are those relating to events after the time of consideration).
Applications are made directly via email to the Chair of the Awards Committee, Pauline Fairclough: email@example.com. State your name and “RMA application” in the email subject header. The application consists of two separate parts:
1. The application by, no longer than three pages of A4, including:
- a brief cv with name, address, email address and educational history;
- a description of the research intended and the reason for doing it;
- an itemized budget;
- a note of any awards received or applied for in connection with the present project.
2. A letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor, advisor, or mentor. Letters of support should be sent directly from the referee. For student applicants, the referee should usually be the supervisor. As with the application itself, we prefer to receive these via email (as an attachment, with the applicant name in the subject header).