Welcome to the RMA Student Pages
The RMA Student Blog is here to provide information, advice and resources for music students and Early Career Researchers across the UK and beyond. The site content is available to everyone, regardless of whether or not they’re a member of the association.
There are lots of ways you can get involved in the RMA:
- Become a member. Becoming a member of the RMA is a great way to keep in touch with what’s hot in British musicology
- Attend the RMA Research Students’ Conference. Present a paper or simply come along to the highlight of the RMA students’ calendar – the annual RMA Research Students’ Conference. The link will also take you to previous conference reports and photos.
- Organise an RMA Study Day. Apply for financial support and administrative guidance to help organise a study day on any music-related topic.
- Write a Blog Post. Do you have something you’d like to share with the world? Then why not write a blog post? Submissions are welcome from all RMA members on any music-related topic.
- Join the Committee. Help shape what the RMA offers for students by joining the Student Committee.
Recent student blog posts
- Programme Published / Registration Open: BFE/RMA Research Students’ Conference 2019
- 15 Minutes with … the Dent Medallist (Interview with Alejandro L. Madrid)
- Call for applications for the Student Committee, 2019
- A musician’s transnational diasporas in a family archive
- Blue Planet II, music, culture and nature: What is the sound of one cuttlefish hovering?
- Archival Research Study Morning – 10 September – University of Oxford
- Conditional (political) condemnation: Alan Bush’s 70th birthday concert in apartheid South Africa
- Music, Wellbeing and Mental Health – Event Report
- RMA Careers Event – Canterbury Christ Church University – 1 June 2018
- On music in education: A current assessment