Welcome to the RMA Student Pages
The RMA Student Blog is here to provide information, advice and resources for music students and Early Career Researchers across the UK and beyond. The site content is available to everyone, regardless of whether or not they’re a member of the association.
There are lots of ways you can get involved in the RMA:
- Become a member. Becoming a member of the RMA is a great way to keep in touch with what’s hot in British musicology
- Attend the RMA Research Students’ Conference. Present a paper or simply come along to the highlight of the RMA students’ calendar – the annual RMA Research Students’ Conference. The link will also take you to previous conference reports and photos.
- Organise an RMA Study Day. Apply for financial support and administrative guidance to help organise a study day on any music-related topic.
- Write a Blog Post. Do you have something you’d like to share with the world? Then why not write a blog post? Submissions are welcome from all RMA members on any music-related topic.
- Join the Committee. Help shape what the RMA offers for students by joining the Student Committee.
Recent student blog posts
- On music in education: A current assessment
- Part-time PhD-ing = a full time occupation
- 15 Minutes with … the Jerome Roche Prize Winner (Interview the Katherine Hambridge)
- Call for Papers: Southeast Asia Chapter Study Day on Baroque Music
- Study Day and Workshop on Music, Well-being and Mental Health – Call for Papers
- Conference Review: Music Inside and Out, BFE/RMA Research Students’ Conference 2018
- Postgraduate Student Composition Workshop, 2 March 2018, Canterbury Christ Church University
- Small Research Grants up to £250 – Deadline 31 January!
- Should Academic Societies Make Public Statements about Political Incidents? – An Interview with Katia Chornik
- Music and Space Study Day – Report