Chapters & Study Groups
Since the membership of the RMA is truly international, we have established several Chapters which co-ordinate events in a specific country or region. These are:
We also have strong links with the Society for Musicology in Ireland.
The RMA further encourages members to form Study Groups, which are independent and self-governing, but may be affiliated to the Association. Affiliation brings benefits, including financial support, and is granted by Council. Our current Study Groups are:
- Music and Philosophy Study Group. This group is generously supported by the RMA and the British Society of Aesthetics. Please direct enquiries to Tomas McAuley.
- LGBTQ Study Group. This group is overseen by Danielle Sofer.
- Music and/as Process Study Group. This group is overseen by Lauren Redhead.
- Consortium for Guitar Research. Please direct enquiries to Christopher Page.
- Sonic Makers Study Group. Please direct enquiries to Matthew Sergeant.