Write a blog post
The RMA Students’ Blog is a digital forum where students can interact and share their experiences. You may wish to write a report of a conference or study day you have attended; share a personal experience in regard to being a research student, such as learning a foreign language or applying to DAAD; publicise an event you are planning; or reflect on an aspect of your research.
If you are unsure about whether your idea is suitable for a blog post, please feel free to get in touch with one of our Student Representatives first.
We welcome blog post submissions from members of the RMA on any music-related topic. Please email us with your submission as an attachment and with “Blog Post Submission” as your subject header. Our blog posts are normally no more than 1,000 words.
Recent blog posts
- Stopping by Woods: A Study on the Soundscape of the Cedar Forest in the Gilgamesh Epic
- Matters Psychological and Theoretical in the Second Piano Sonata, opus 40 (1975) by Hubert du Plessis
- Conference Review: Music, Wellbeing and Mental Health, 11-12 May 2019, Hereford
- Student Blog: Modelling a change: Sex Workers’ Children and Dance Pedagogy
- ‘You’re just a Remoaner’: Brexit, Discourse and Musicology
- 15 Minutes with… the Jerome Roche Prize Winner, Dr Yvonne Liao
- Programme Published / Registration Open: BFE/RMA Research Students’ Conference 2019
- 15 Minutes with … the Dent Medallist (Interview with Alejandro L. Madrid)
- A musician’s transnational diasporas in a family archive
- Blue Planet II, music, culture and nature: What is the sound of one cuttlefish hovering?