Research grants of up to £250 each are available annually for members of the RMA or members of RMA student groups. Typical expenses might include microfilm and photocopying costs, travel, and accommodation expenses for research away from home or for giving papers at conferences.
Student members of the RMA, or members of RMA student groups, are invited to apply. Retrospective applications (for expenses already incurred) will not be considered.
Applications consist of two separate parts:
- The application by the student, no longer than three pages of A4, including:
- a brief cv with name, address, email address and educational history;
- a description of the research intended and the reason for doing it;
- an itemized budget;
- a note of any awards received or applied for in connection with the present project.
- A letter of support from the applicant’s supervisor or advisor (see below).
Submitting the application
Applications can be made by submitting an email attachment. State your name and “RMA application” in the subject header and send the email to the Chair of the Awards Committee, Professor Jan Smaczny (Queen’s University Belfast).
References should be sent directly from the supervisor, and may also be sent via email (as an attachment, with the student’s name in the subject header).